We are in search of action oriented people, passionate about child development and community outreach.
SDDS Board Member Profile
SDDS is looking for committed Board Members to serve on the Day School’s governing body. The Board Member's responsibilities and requirements are listed below. The Board is dedicated to enabling teachers and staff to provide our families with the absolute best educational experience. Our mission is to provide the children of St. David’s Day School with loving and enriching programs that meet their needs at each developmental level. This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about SDDS’s mission and who have a track record of leadership and a philanthropic presence in the Austin community. We are in search of individuals with specialized skill sets that include one or more of the following:
- Experience developing and managing scholarship programs for underserved communities
- Creation and execution of mass marketing campaigns to increase awareness of SDDS’s offerings and increase enrollment
- Planning and executing large fundraising events
- Legal background and knowledge of child care and non-profit regulations. In addition, the ability to draft, review and negotiate contracts with partner organizations and provide business focused legal advice
- Grant writing and grant based administrative skills
- Financial expertise to manage the finances of the organization by reviewing budgets, administering fiscal matters of the organization, developing annual reports and defining financial policies and procedures
Board Member Responsibilities
- Know the organization's mission, programs, policies, and needs.
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Regularly attend board meetings and participate actively and conscientiously.
- Serve on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Makes a serious commitment to actively participate in committee work by volunteering for assignments and completing them thoroughly and on time.
- Keep up with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Participate in the evaluation of business operations, approving audit reports, budgets and business decisions. Contribute to the development of policies and strategic plans.
- Understand the organization's financial affairs and ensure fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Ensure the organization complies with legal requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs.
- Participate in fundraising for the organization (nonprofit only).
- Assist in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to drive action and achieve the organization’s mission.
Board Member Requirements
- Proven track record in a leadership role and/or significant executive leadership accomplishments in child development, business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Previous board experience preferred. Knowledge of the organization and the child care industry.
- Sufficient time availability for board duties.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of SDDS students and families.
- Understand and comply with the mission and values of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas and be familiar with St. David’s Episcopal Church’s goals and commitment to the community.